Check Out Arizona Libraries' Culture Pass Program
Arizona's rich cultural landscape is now more accessible than ever, thanks to Arizona Libraries' Culture Pass program offered in partnership with Act One, a program that provides meaningful arts experiences that enhance the academic and creative potential of children and families in Arizona. This initiative, available through over 150 libraries statewide, encourages families to explore the state's diverse arts and cultural treasures.
What is a Culture Pass?
A Culture Pass is a free day pass to select Arizona museums, theaters and cultural sites that participate in the program. By “checking out” a Culture Pass at one of 64 local libraries, library cardholders receive free admission for up to 7 days from the time the pass was checked out.
How to Check Out a Culture Pass:
1. Visit the Culture Pass Display at either the Flagstaff Downtown Library or the East Flagstaff Community Library (or your local AZ library)
2. Choose Your Pass: Select the red placard corresponding to the venue you'd like to explore for any of the following locations:
• The Arboretum at Flagstaff (May 1st-Oct 31st only)
• Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
• Boyce Thompson Arboretum
• Cave Creek Museum (Oct 1st-May 31st only)
• Desert Botanical Garden
• Desert Caballeros Western Museum
• The Heard Museum
• Museum of Northern Arizona
• Reid Park Zoo
• S'edav Va'aki Museum (formerly Pueblo Grande Museum)
• Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
• Sedona Heritage Museum
• Sharlot Hall Museum
• University of Arizona Museum of Art
• Verde Valley Archaeological Center
3. Checkout: Take your chosen passholder to the Information Desk, where the staff will assist you. You will be given a receipt that serves as your pass, granting you free admission, automatically expiring after seven days.
Tips for Culture Pass Users:
Each library has a limited number of passes per venue so if the pass you desire is not currently on display, it means other patrons have checked it out for the week. Passes operate on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be placed on hold or renewed, so we recommend visiting at the beginning of the week. If your desired venue's pass is unavailable, consider visiting another library.
Culture Passes are available at all program member libraries throughout Arizona. To find a library near you that hosts the Culture Pass program, visit https://act1az.org/culture-pass.